Publishing your plugin
The simplest way for Adobe XD users to discover and install plugins is through XD's in-app Plugin Manager.
The XD Plugin Manager is accessed through:
- the Plugins menu in the app's menu bar: go to Plugins > Discover Plugins...
- the plus button (+) in the plugins panel on the left-hand side of the app
In order to make your plugin available in the XD Plugin Manager, you'll need to go through our submission checklist and review process.
Note: Edge is not currently supported for the plugin submission workflow. Please use another browser to submit your XD plugin.
Submit your plugin
You can submit your plugin for review through the Adobe Developer Console, the same place you got your unique plugin ID for your manifest.
Once you've entered information about your plugin, you can then submit your it. Our CC Integrations Review team will review it and communicate any next steps back to you.
We'll walk you through the workflow below.
1. Read the submission checklist
All plugins are reviewed by our CC Integrations Review team. Make sure to thoroughly read the submission checklist before submitting to ensure a smooth path to publishing your plugin. Plugins violating these checklist items will be rejected, requiring you to address the issues and resubmit.
2. Begin your submission
To begin the submission for your plugin, visit the Developer Console and select your plugin from your list of plugin projects.
This will take you to your plugin's "Project Overview" page, which shows your plugin ID, a download link for your starter project, and more.
In the left-hand navbar, you'll see a "Distribute" link. You can begin creating your listing by clicking this link.
3. Submit plugin for review - Listing Information
The "Submit plugin for review" page has three tabs:
- Publisher information
- Listing information
- Plugin file
In the Publisher information tab, you are asked to provide some facts about you, the publisher. This information applies to any plugin you create and any updates to this information will affect all versions of every plugin you've published.
In the Listing information tab, you'll enter information about your plugin.
A few important notes:
For plugin names:
- Make sure that the plugin name in your manifest file and the plugin name you provide in the Console match.
- Note that plugin names are globally unique. If your plugin name is already taken, you'll need to find another name.
- Your plugin name is reserved for 90 days once you have saved it as part of your submission information. If you do not publish a plugin within that timeframe, the name will once again become available to other developers to use.
- The Console will ask you to supply some icons for display in your XD Plugin Manager listing.
- Separately, you are required to include additional icons in your plugin package and include them in the manifest. These icons can be different from the ones that you use in Console and they will used for display within the application.
In the Plugin file tab, you can upload your Plugin File.
4. Preview and submit plugin version for review
Once you have provided all required information about your plugin, you can click "Preview and submit".
This final screen will allow you to:
- Preview your listing in Adobe XD before submitting
- Add a note to the CC Integrations Review team
- Choose whether to publish immediately after approval or manually publish later
Note that if your plugin requires a paid account, license number, or other such credentials to use all features of the plugin, you must provide test credentials in the "Note to Adobe reviewers" field so Adobe can review the plugin. If we need credentials from you and they have not been shared in this field, your plugin submission will be rejected.
When you're ready to submit your plugin to Adobe for review, click "Submit".
Congratulations on your submission! We can't wait to have a look at what you've created!
CC Integrations Review
After you submit, the CC Integrations Review team will review your plugin. Depending on current submission volume, it can take up to 10 business days before you hear a response. Thank you for being patient with us.
Many of the items our reviewers check for when reviewing a plugin are noted in the submission checklist.
Once your submission has been reviewed, we’ll reach out letting you know if it has been approved or rejected, and provide any next steps.
Marketing your plugin
No matter how you plan to distribute, be sure to see our plugin marketing guide to learn about the ins-and-outs of marketing an Adobe XD plugin.